Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Week 9 - Netlibrary - eBooks and audiobooks

Wasn't able to download and listen as I am not a member of PLCML. However its useful to be able to see what's available in e and audio books. I particularly liked the subject sets collection and the memoir and biography sections. I watched the tutorial and was a mite confused. Not sure how to become a member so I can listen to some sample e-books. Watch this space!

Okay looks like they don't supply sample downloadable audio books. Anne kindly sent me the login page for free access to Netlibrary's titleselect feature. So I am able to access the whole catalogue and see what is available in all resource types. Useful to know about as I had a query a while ago from a lecturer about getting an e-book which he wanted to use in his lectures.

I intend to promote Netlibrary to my academics just as another source of resource discovery. And to maybe get them thinking about different ways to deliver content to students.

No comments: